With Instant Hotspot, people can easily share the data connection using their iPhones and iPads. With the help of BT LE, data gets transferred using the Wi-Fi and authentication is done with the Apple ID. Sometimes, users may face issues with Instant Hotspot. If you find that Instant Hotspot is not working on your iOS 11 device, then follow the solutions given in the blog to fix the issue.
How to Solve Instant Hotspot Not Working Problem?
- Disable and Enable Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
You need to switch off and then switch on the radios.
Here’s how you can disable and re-enable Bluetooth on iOS 11:
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad running iOS 11.
- Touch the switch next to Bluetooth and switch it to white/off position.
- After a few minutes, touch the switch again to turn it On/green.
Here’s how you can disable and then enable Wi-Fi on iOS 11:
- Open the Settings application on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on the bar next to Wi-Fi and turn it to white/off position.
- After waiting for a few minutes, tap on the bar once more to turn it on/green.
- Perform a Hard Reset
If disabling and enabling Wi-Fi and Bluetooth did not troubleshoot the issue, then you need to perform a hard reset.
- iPhone 6s Plus and older versions: Just long press the sleep/wake button along with the Home button till the Apple brand logo shows up on the screen.
- iPhone 7 and 7 Plus: Just long press the On or Off button located at the side, along with the decrease volume button.
- iPhone 8, 8 Plus and X: First hit the increase volume button and let it go. Then, hit the decrease volume button and then let it go. After that, long press the side button.
- Modify the Device Name
Well, it may seem bizarre but this trick has worked for a number of users facing the instant hotspot not working issue.
- Go to the device’s Settings and select General.
- Select the About option.
- Select the Name option.
- Enter a new name and hit the Done button.
- Reboot the iPhone or iPad.
Hopefully, once the device reboots, the problem regarding Instant Hotspot not working will have been resolved.
Joey Williams is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Robert has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.