iTunes is a music application that has proven to be very versatile over the years. In its initial stage, it was used as a musical box to store, manage and play music from CDs on to your Mac.
Later on, it developed as a means to transfer music from Mac into iPod or iPhone, which provided Apple users to access their music on any device and getting rid of storing music onto every individual device.
iTunessoon became a music store for Apple users to access, download and purchase their desired songs from the vast list of old or new movies, albums and podcast. Moreover, it became a connecting link between Mac and iOS devices.
Apple ID for signing in to your iTunes
Before getting started with your iTunes, you require an Apple ID to access it. Apple ID is an account which lets a user utilize various apps and services provided by Apple on their devices. To create your Apple ID, you require an email ID and have to set a password to initiate it.
Most probably you already have an Apple ID as you require one while you set up your Mac for the first time. If not then you can create one for free, as Apple devices require one to access them.
You should use only one ID to operate your applications as multiple accounts can prove to be confusing, and similar account for all operations can be a lot simpler.
As you launch your iTunes for the very first time, it redirects you to a sign in page, where you can enter your Apple ID and password to open the application. Here are some steps to initiate your iTunes application.
- Select “Sign in to the iTunes store” for initiating the sign in process.
- Now you have to enter your “Apple ID” in the text field.
- Select the “Sign in” option from the lower-right corner of the dialogue box.
- Now you have to enter your “Password” in the text field.
- After entering the password, select the “Sign in” option to enter iTunes.
Purchase music from iTunes
Although there are various other options like Spotify or Hulu to access music and videos, you can also opt for the iTunes to purchase latest songs, albums, movies, audio books and much more. If you are looking for buying some of it and storing to iCloud, you can follow the below steps to do so.
- Head to the “Media type menu” and select the “Music” option from it.
- Now, head to the iTunes store tab and select the desired music that you want to purchase.
- After choosing your desired music file, click on the “price” option.
- And choose the “Buy” option to purchase the music file.
Joey Williams is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Robert has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.